We hired Chris Leader to design our new contemporary LEED Platinum house in Sarasota, Florida. We hired our builder and landscape architect at the same time, and asked Chris to work closely with them throughout design and construction. The design phase took approximately 10 months starting in mid-2012, and the house is currently under construction. Our experience with Chris has been extremely positive. Some of our observations are:
1. He is very client focused. He listens carefully to our input and responds in a timely manner to our phone calls – he makes us feel like we are his most important client. His sense of ownership of the project is obvious, visiting the site very regularly during construction.
2. He is process oriented and follows an effective phase gate process for his projects – he does not shoot from the hip.
3. He is detail oriented. He really pays attention to the little things that can make a big difference.
4. He collaborates well and is extremely pleasant to work with. Chris is mild mannered, but will get his point of view on the table and have it heard. We always knew when Chris felt strongly about a design element. He collaborated effectively during challenging multi-party discussions with us, the builder, the landscape architect, and other parties.
5. He is very good at contemporary architecture. We could not be happier with the unique design that he created with our “wish list” of desirable attributes.